Sunday, June 6, 2010

Daddy's Birthday

I'm a couple of weeks behind in posting, but better late than never, right?

Daddy's birthday didn't go quite as planned since Benny had croup and so Sean stayed home to take care of him while I subbed that day-plans were thrown out the window, actually.

BUT we did get to have some fun and love on him a bit which is what its all about.
I wanted to get one of those cute felt banners from Etsy, but we are tight on money so I just made one myself with the printer and yarn. ;)
The gifts came out from hiding (i.e. the closet that I told him not to look in)


Everyone seemed to enjoy the chicken parm I made for dinner. This is a gift in itself as Sean does the cooking most nights. (I tried not to think about how much Oxyclean I was going to need to clean their clothes after this).
In lieu of cake, we had a candle in an ice cream container. Mainly because he loves ice cream and partly because I forgot the cake. Like I said, plans out the window.
Fun was had though and I expect our birthdays will be more special each year and the kids "get" what they are and can celebrate with us. It is cool to see already how our little family is taking shape and the fun we can have on our own.

So Happy birthday to the best daddy in the whole wide world!

No comments:

Post a Comment