Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Zoo in Review

Last week Sean took the week off for vacation! It was nice to have him home and we took the opportunity to do some things we normally don't. We Have wanted to take the kiss to the zoo, but Benny being a baby still ties us down to bottle feeds, etc and leaves us short handed chasing after the twins. SO we took him to daycare (yes, my mother was appalled too) and just took Grace and Tater to the zoo with us. We were only there for 3.5 hours before nap time needs crushed us all, but I think it was an awesome time.

Some pics!

I know I'm a little biased, but this picture of Gracie is so stinkin' cute! Her little reflection in the glass kills me!


Some silliness on the benches as we tried to get them to pose for just one cute picture. We ended up sitting there for like 15 minutes while they goofed around. It was challenging enough trying to find a spot without animal statues on them, because my kids are terrifiedof the animal statues. Go figure.
Watching the elephants or "lelleepants". They adored them.

We did manage one family photo by the monkey cages, too bad they weren't feeling very cooperative. Sadly, I have come to lower my expectations of posing for cute pictures with all of us.

We walked most of the way, but Gracie insisted on being with Sean all day. I couldn't resist a little coerced hand holding!
When I'm 90 I will pretend they always walked around this way.

The bears, penguins, and elephants were the clear favorites of the day and we had a great time-just us 4. It's been nearly a year since we have done anything like that! Gracie soon grew tired of our guided tour and took off on her own. At least she was smart enough to swipe the map.

2 comments:

  1. Great job on tackling the zoo with your twins! We've yet to conquer that one! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I recommend packing a lot of snacks! :)

    ReplyDelete