I love, love getting cards in the mail from all my friends and we really look forward to coming up with a picture idea to try out. The first year we just had the twins and made a stuffed animal nativity :
It was pretty cute. :)
The next year we had Benny and did a sort of collage of pictures of the kids decorating the tree:
Last year we put together a whole little set and posed the kids in their pj's in front of the fireplace like they were waiting for Santa (the plate of cookies helped). It was so cute and I was able to use my faithful Shutterfly cards again. Instead of using one of their pre-made designs I chose the option to upload an entire photo as the face of the card. We loved the way it turned out!
This year as my wheels are turning, I plan to use one of these cards for inspiration. Probably "On Our Tree".
It helps for me to decide on layout first and then I know what kind of pictures I am looking for to fill those spots. I think I have an idea on how to use their crabby pictures this year :)
While I order cards I usually add one of their photo gifts for my parents and calendars for all of the aunts and uncles. You can usualy score a good deal on free shipping that way!
Keep watch for discounts, you can even blog about them to earn free cards for yourself ;)
You can now get back to sewing those last minute costumes...













No comments:
Post a Comment