Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Highlights

1. Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's house. She caught Benny in the pantry eating dog treats. What's worse is that he didn't think they were gross and didn't want to spit them out. Such a strange kid. He got peanut butter in his stocking this year since he goes through about a jar a week. ;)


2. I just love this picture of Benny and my niece.


3. Gracie had a long talk with my aunt about Santa, Rudolph and Ernie the elf. It was fun to see her little brain working and explaining it all.


4. Cousins! One of my fav parts of the holidays is watching the cousins play together and make memories like I have of playing on Christmas Eve.


5. Driving home, looking for a sign of the sleigh. Gracie and Benny fell asleep pretty quickly, but Tate was soo excited. He kept his eyes on the sky and saw an airplane with just a blinking red light that he was sure was Rudolph. He was clapping his hands and saying "I think it's him!!" Then he was so worried we wouldn't get home in time to get in bed before Santa got to our house. I have such vivid memories of driving home from my Great Gma's on Christmas Eve's looking for the same thing, so it was fun to watch. When we got home he was the only one awake to put out cookies, milk and carrots. He carefully selected them all and
it was very sweet.

6. Santa Came!




Waking them up, Tate jumped out of bed and said he heard a 'ho ho ho' when he was sleeping. That excited everyone!
Gracie said the doll house wasn't the one she wanted, but after I showed her the lights turn on she changed her tune.

My favorite was when she opened the Cinderella doll I got her. She said "Wow! Thanks!" and kissed me on the cheek. Melt my heart.

7. Christmas day was filled with more family time and more gifts




All I really wanted for Christmas was for everyone to be healthy and happy, we got so much more and I feel very blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment