Sometimes you just need some easy chick lit to read. This book fills that void well enough. It's nothing overly hilarious or clever, but entertaining enough for a plane ride or beach read. The main character is Ace Jones, a quick tempered and sarcastic art teacher who struggles with her self-esteem and trusting her boyfriend. I felt like parts of the book were a little too obvious and others made me roll my eyes-like when Ace and her BFF use text speak in their conversations. Their attempt to be witty or trendy were annoying. I don't know anyone who says "LOL" in real life.
There were a few genuinely funny moments, and I especially appreciated the scenes at the school with her other teacher friends. Characters in the books I read are rarely teachers! :) The highlight is probably the sweet revenge that an abusive husband receives and the lengths Ace will go to for her friends.
Overall, this is a quick, fun read for a weekend. Just don't set your expectations too high, then you won't be disappointed.
Check out what others thought on Blogher!
This is a paid review for BlogHer Book Club but the opinions expressed are my own.














No comments:
Post a Comment