The kids have been working hard to earn their next reward on their reward chart, which was gold fish. We went to the pet store yesterday and it turns out you can't just buy cheap fish in a bowl anymore?! Any way we figured it we'd need expensive tanks for all three or cheap ones for individuals plus accessories. We ended up going with betas in hopes that they last longer than a week. I was an idiot and said something about not dropping the fish in the store or they'd die, so now Tate has been obsessing with the thought that any second his fish will just drop dead. Awesome. Luckily they bought the amended version of the story where the fish only die until you flush them and they they find the ocean and come back to life...
Here they are!
Tate and his fish "Grandpa Ron" after his great grandpa in California.
Benny and his girl fish "Tutu"
Gracie's fish Molly. She refused to be photographed and insisted Molly doesn't like it either.
I think Betas are the way to go. They're not too pricey and are actually pretty hardy fish. Jack's Beta Bo is doing really well. Just remember not to put any boy Beta's together in a bowl since they will fight to the death, they'll even fight their reflections so avoid mirrors. :)
ReplyDeleteThey are all separated. But I kind of wish they'd just die. I'm sick of taking care of them already.
ReplyDelete