Sunday, July 28, 2013

Let us never speak of it again.

Friday we drove down to visit family and go to my niece's birthday party. Left at 4pm and knew that Seattle traffic would be a pain. It took us an hour just to get to the city with stop and go traffic on the freeway. Did I mention we don't have AC in our van? So add sweating and whining to the picture. Of course it was about that time that Tate said he had to go potty. We told him to hold it. He said he couldn't. We said he had to because there was literally no way we could exit. He started crying that it was going to come out. Like the resourceful parents we are, we looked frantically for something to catch it? Good-bye caramel machiatto. Sean dumped the last of it out the window and told Tate to stand up and pee in it. Of course this caused fits of giggles. We were sitting there at 0 mph on the freeway so, yes we unbuckled him (don't call cps) while he peed in the cup. Can I just say- ew. He filled a lot more than anticipated and just holding the cup for that was sooo foul. It's not like we are 5 college guys on a roadtrip, I haven't done this before. I didn't throw up, but I thought about it. So I buckled him back and up and now what? We weren't about to let that smell ferment in the car for the next hour! Sean dumped it out the window and we mumbled sorry to the car behind us for the hot pee bath. Traffic started picking up after that and the next hour was spent talking about what it looked like, and how funny it was and are we therrrrrrrrrrrre yet?!

I'm glad the little guy didn't have an accident, but I may never drink and iced latte again.

No comments:

Post a Comment