Friday, October 3, 2008

I have the day off today! Yay! We still woke up at 6 am thanks to Gracie's high pitched singing from their crib. I think she is teething. This is the 3rd morning in a row she wakes up and just starts singing/squealing.  Tater just lies there and stares at her. This is why we love our video monitor. This morning they gave us 20 minutes before demanding we get up and feed them.  The best part is when they burst out in giggles when they see us at the crib. 

After breakfast we packed them up and had to go to our fertility clinic to sign papers for our cryopreservation. We hadn't anticipated how weird it would feel to be there with the babies. It was sort of surreal.  There was another couple there who looked just like us last year-exhausted, disheartened, and I felt something I didn't expect. Guilt. I wanted to show them the twins to say "see, it can happen for you too!" but then I wished we hadn't brought them and wanted to hide my massive double stroller. I remember what it felt like going to clinic and some "insensitive" woman would bring in her newborn.  The offices have a no children policy, it is supposed to be a safe place for us infertile women not to be bombarded by babies. I would suffer seeing babies out in the real world enough, in my clinic was too close for comfort.  So I understand completely why this couple never made eye contact with us. Not when they were 10 feet away, I recognized their stoic looks and tried to be invisible. It has just been a year since we finally heard we were pg, and this was a sort of full circle moment for us.   I am so thankful to God that He gave us our little miracles and I don't want to ever lose sight of that.  Not everyone is blessed this way.  I am saying a prayer for that couple though. I hope they get to know they joy we have now, it makes the nightmare before it worth while and almost forgettable.

No comments:

Post a Comment