Saturday Benny and I went to check out a local MoM sale at my church and I tripped on the way in. He was in a bjorn and I stumbled forward and then fell. on. top. of. him.
I remember screaming "Oh My God" a few times just sitting on the pavement before women rushed to help me. Today I am thanking God that Benny is perfectly healthy and we can't find a scratch on him. I am thankful two of the people to came to help me had medical training with infants and calmed me down. I am thankful they knew what to look for and and I needed to do. I am thankful the paramedics that arrived were fathers and also were wonderful to me/us, talking about potty training and funny kid stories to distract me on the ride to Children's hospital. I am thankful that my scraped up knuckles and achy shoulder are a reminder of God's protection of my baby, and that I can easily deal with a little pain if it means my 7 week old has NONE. I am thankful that what was red showing where he hit his head, faded quickly without leaving the concussion or brain swelling they warned me about. I am thankful that in freaking out I didn't have my phone with me to call Sean, I remembered that my friend Breanne just happened to have left hers in my car the day before.
Thank you Father for reminding me this Fall that you are here, protecting and providing for my family in ways I may not even see.













Oh thank God for protecting you and for placing all these people around you when this happened! So glad that you are both ok. ((hugs))
ReplyDelete