Monday, May 10, 2010

Blessed!



Mother's Day was a wonderful time for me since my hubby is a thoughtful guy. I was so blessed by the kiddos and his love for me. I woke up per usual and felt badly that he had them all by himself, I went out to help and got shooed back to bed! Mother's day was golden right there.

A few minutes later I was greeted bedside by a rather short parade bearing gifts. I got the New Moon dvd (yippee!) a piping hot coffee from Starbucks (he actually went to the drive thru with all of them in their pj's!) and some custom stationary by Sarah and Abraham! I have been drooling over her designs for months (seen above)!

Next, I got treated to homemade strawberry waffles, my favorite breakfast treat and a morning of leisure. I got a few "I love you mommy" 's and those were the sweetest gifts of all. I am such a softy I actually cried a few times during breakfast. :)

But wait! there's more...

After church I got to go out to lunch and a movie with my girlfriends! Nothing says Mother's Day like time without your children. Sorry, but it's the truth. We ate well and saw the "Babies" movie. It was hysterical, adorable, and left us in the perfect mood to back home and cuddle on our own babies.

It was such a blessing to feel loved and appreciated by those I love so dearly. I know I'm lucky because not all mothers get so much as a card. I hope you all got spoiled and loved on as well !

We tried again for an annual Mother's Day picture. It didn't go so well, but I just want to document the day.

2 comments:

  1. awww, that's a great picture! well, i judge mother's day pics on how great the mom looks, not the kids. because they never look at the camera at the same time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha thanks, Looking at it now, I feel like they always look like little hobos! Hair all messed up, dirty all over. sigh.

    ReplyDelete