Our Mickey (and Minnie) Mouse Clubhouse Party was a success!
The weather held out. It didn't rain and wasn't freezing. It wasn't sunny either, but I can't count on that in Seattle in May anyway.We had about 35 people including many, many babies/toddlers. We played with bubbles
and in our new bouncy house:
We drove around all of our cars (I got 3 on Craigslist for $10 a piece!)
I was really proud of the Rainbow cake I made! I baked and Sean decorated, it turned out awesome if I do say so myself!
It took about 2 hours because of baking the individual layers and frosting, but I'll take that over the cupcakes I made from scratch last year.( I was up Until 2am, don't ask).
They loved the cake as far as I can tell, thought Grace still isn't a fan of the singing/candle part.
*Super cute side note: For dinner on their actual birthday we put a candle in their dinner rolls and sang to them. They blew out the candles on their own and really liked it just us. It was a sweet moment for our little family.
I Loved seeing our friends and family in their mouse gear they brought/borrowed or ears I gave them:
I was totally wiped out afterwards and the wreckage was substantial:
But as all moms know, totally worth it for smiles like these!













No comments:
Post a Comment