Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Soccer

It's official. I'm a soccer mom. The mini van and the reusable bags were the first step. Now that Tate has joined the Blue Hornets, I'm legit. The first 'game' was pretty overwhelming for him. He's on a team of 4-5 year olds (he'll be 4 in 2 weeks) with his buddy Jackson. All the kids running at him and the ball made him cry a few times and want to take several breaks. Mainly, he wanted to be sure I wasn't letting Benny and Gracie eat all the snacks we brought. This week was the best though. He scored 2 goals! Sean shed a few proud daddy tears and Gracie and Benny loved cheering for him. Gracie also kept cheering for a boy named Cole we don't know because she 'loves him', but that's a different story. Now we don't really keep score at these things sicne the kids are so little, but I think all of the parents are aware of how it's going. We signed him up for this league in part because of the sportsmanship focus and working on teamwork skills. But the competitive mama in me that had been lying dormant was REALLY excited for him. ;) Here's a few pics!
On a side note, Coach was 10 min late to practice this weekend and when she arrived, she apologized saying she had a bloody nose. Gracie replied, "That's okay, I had a bloody poop." Thanks for that, Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment