Tuesday, January 13, 2009

No title, just felt like I could be posting more. 
The babies are well. Sort of. They have colds that I think were brought on by teething(?) and are slowly getting back to eating normal amounts.  They are taking full bottles well, but Gracie still refuses to eat solid food.  It's been about 2 weeks now, almost 3!  She will take one bite, maybe and CRY. I feel so bad, she just wants her bottle.  I have no idea what it is, she was eating all sorts of veggies just fine. I am wondering if it's the teething combined with flem in her tummy (sorry gross) just making it not appealing.   I am just glad she's taken her bottles back so at least she is hydrated.  After barfing all over me, and I mean ALL over me 3 days in a row, Tater seems to be keeping his food down today, ah, but the night is young.  He has also taken to a 2 hour nap from 5-7 before bed time feeding at 7!  It's nice to have the break, but I feel bad Sean only sees him for like 25 minutes before bed time for the night.  Gracie is up after 40 minutes of sleep on the dot,   so we get more play time with her.   Tater is sitting up and pulling himself up now.  In fact he pulled himself to a seated position from laying on his boppy while I fed them today! First time ever, it was crazy! He just wanted to grab Gracie's feet. ;)

I really want to go see a movie so I am thinking of a sitter for this coming weekend. I am just missing some "me" time. I'm sure all moms could use a little more.  I mean it's great I have been reading again for fun since the twins are in bed earlier and I have friends to chat with at work (other than first graders), but I'd like to get out a little more. I am missing my girlfriends and my spontaneous self. In pg news, I am 10 weeks and not showing yet, trying to stay in my post/pre prego clothes as long as possible.  I loathe those maternity pants and am in no hurry to unpack them. I'm also trying to keep it quiet at work so I can delay all those jokes and comments about how many kids we are going to have in diapers now, blah blah.  We don't think it's funny-like ha ha funny, or poor you funny. I think I'm just sensitive to it since we went through that a little bit when people found out we were having twins in the first place.  You know how strangers have their off handed remarks at the grocery store and people who know you feel even more freedom to tease you.  I never thought it was funny.  We tried desperately for 3 years to get pregnant and our twins were nothing short of a miracle! I don't take it lightly or for granted. Anyone who says "Oh I'd kill myself if I had twins" I want to punch in the face (figuratively of course). Add a new born 15 months later and I know what people will say and think. I know the intent isn't malicious, but I don't want to hear it anyway. I feel like they are implying we have made some huge mistake and I can't accept that. ANYWAYS. Rant over. Maybe those hormones are already in full swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment