I show up to get the twins from daycare and they are covered in frosting and cake. what. the. hell.
They are 10 months old and we were saving the experience of cake (or any sweets for that matter!) for their big 1st birthday party! A moment of course ooohed all over and photographed by mom and dad and our families. NOT AT DAY CARE because it is some other kids 1st birthday!!!!!!!!
I knew this boy was having a "birthday party" at the day care today. big deal, what does that mean to a one year old and 3 others under the age of one. Nothing-I expected business as usual other than balloons or something! At the very least I would expect to be ASKED if my babies can try the cake, instead they just went for it. Then to add insult to injury they are telling me the babies' reactions and video taping!!!!! I felt like my heart had been ripped out of my chest. I am a very non-confrontational type person, I was in shock. I just kept saying over and over, "I am really upset, Sean is going to be really upset". I immediately took the cake and started cleaning them off-I would hope that they would realize their mistake and apologize, but instead I got looked at like I was overreacting and told"well..it's a birthday party, of course they would have cake". This has just made me angrier! They are barely trying different table foods! We have not cleared them for sweets at all as their parents-so I think even from that stand point the day care is in the wrong (in home day care), but isn't it commonly known that babies have cake for the FIRST time on their birthday??? With parents?! I keep crying and its silly, but I feel enough guilt as a working mom missing little moments here and there, that to have something like this unnecessarily taken from me is crushing. These are my first babies and their first cake. That's mine. I can pretend and make happy on their birthday-of course we will-but part of me will always know that I missed it. I missed the first faces and reactions to it. Silly and petty as it may sound to some, its not for anyone to decide or take from me.
I'll tell Sean when he gets home, I know he will be upset too. I really hope we get a sincere apology in the morning, but we will need to express our disappointment and make it clear the boundaries that are not to be crossed from now on. No matter if it is a good day care at a reasonable price, the cost today was way to high for us. :(













Wow, that's just unexcuseable. I'm so sorry. I would be livid too.
ReplyDeleteI would of been mad also. I diffently let them know for next time - I knpw that doesn't take back that they have already had it. I am sorry.
ReplyDeleteWOW. I'd yank them from that daycare so fast if they gave me that reaction of " well it's a bday party" what the eff were they thinking??? That's awful. I'm sorry. I hate stupid people.
ReplyDeleteThat is really unacceptable:( I'd be MAD too!
ReplyDelete