Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Don't bump the grump

I think that's a new book...anyway. Let's let that suffice for my mood. 

Gracie and Tater are working through their 500th cold this (never-ending) winter.  The crust/goopy eyes in the morning are what kill me. Gracie is clapping and blinking and can't get them open! She just says "dadadada? mammama?" Poor thing. I think we are coming through it now though.  I am in full party planning mode. The last details to work out are really just the menu and making some decisions on brunch.  My not being a cook doesn't help things.  The invites turned out super cute though and I swear I can feel them getting ready to turn one. They just seem so much older and its like I can hardly keep up with all the new facial expressions and new things they are learning. They can kiss and hug each other, play an actual game of rolling a ball back and forth, laugh at us and communicate in new ways! It blows my mind.

Also helping my grumpiness was my 1st graders Bible time this morning.  We had been talking about God's big plan ( Adam and Eve, sin, redemption, etc) and they were just asking such great questions! I love it when we have a real discussion (not me just telling them things) and I have the wisdom to go with it.  They asked where would we be right now if Adam and eve never sinned? What if only Eve did? Great questions about Satan- one kid said Satan lives in the "bad heaven". What did Jesus feel like being up on the cross? How did God come up with his name? lol. I could go on. These little gems brighten my otherwise grumpy days post spring break/pre-summer break when the kids are NUTS.

Still waiting to find out if I get a job next year (low enrollment at a private school), waiting to list our house and see if it ever sells, praying we can move soon to give our babies some SPACE-I must.choose.peace. 



No comments:

Post a Comment