Saturday, April 11, 2009

Holy Week

It is challenging in a new way to focus on the meaning of this Holy week.  Usually I struggle with laziness, and motivation to spend time in reflection.  This year I have all the motivation, but it seems my hours are limited and the babies demand my attention. I was a little sad we couldn't go to Good Friday service last night as it started at bedtime and we didn't have a sitter.  I tried to rent The Passion of the Christ somewhere to at least have that, but couldn't find a copy. Seems the odds were stacked against me.   I am thankful though for a prayer walk we did at church this week. We traded babysitting nights (really sleep watching) with friends so we could all take turns going and it was a wonderful experience. I got to LISTEN and enjoy quiet time with my God. I sat in sacred space and fed on the Word. I painted and prayed. We washed each other's feet-Sean and I haven't done that in a few years and it was a nice time of connection. One surprise gift that I get every year is to watch my students celebrate Easter and Holy Week.  There is nothing like watching their little hands reach up to praise Jesus and sing from their hearts of pure love. I feel honored to be there and thankful God provides me with that special time of worship at work!

Today brings a birthday party for little Jackson turning one and much needed work around the house to prepare for selling.  I need to get some things together for the babies' Easter baskets too and set up for tomorrow! We are going to a big dinner with our Seattle friends who don't travel to see family on Easter. I think there will be 20 of us and 6 or 7 babies (craziness, but fun). I hope you and your families have a wonderful Easter!  

No comments:

Post a Comment