Monday, May 4, 2009

1st Birthday!

I feel so behind! Lets sum t up and say this last week has been exhausting! the twins turned one on Saturday which I can't quite wrap my head around and Sunday we had an open house and did the March of Dimes walk. 

A recap of their b-day:
We had the party at my mom's because our place is too small.  We had around 25 people which was great and I am so glad I hired a photographer to capture all the moments I would be too stressed to get.  The babies had fun and played with their friends until cake time.  Tate tore into his cake like nothing and ate about half in all. Gracie got upset as soon as she couldn't get the pink frosting off of her hands. She freaked and started crying. I don't think she ever tried a bite.  She looked adorable though in her big pink tutu.   I tried and failed at making many things. The chocolate cupcakes were a no go, but the vanilla ones were beautiful.  I don't know why I convinced myself I'd have time to make everything from scratch.  Half of the recipes I borrowed from friends also failed me. This is why I don't cook people! I gave up at 1 am and we had enough impromptu food for the event. I was up at 5:30 am and the day flew from there.  The most important thing was that Sean and I got to be with the babies all day, that's what we said no matter what and that's what we did.  So the spread wasn't as impressive, but I didn't miss a smile and that's what I'll remember!  The babies passed out cold as guests left and we let them sleep for 20 minutes (mean!) before having to wake them for my cousin's wedding.  They did remarkably well bouncing back.  Gracie surprised us all by gorging herself on chocolate covered strawberries at the reception.  She was a mess, but we figured it's still her birthday! Now we'll know what she wants next ear instead of cake. I'll post some pics of the big day once I get them back. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment