Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Tate's Hiding Place

Tater never ceases to amaze me. My dad and brother visited Monday and the twins flipped out per usual. They just freak when new people come over. ANYWAYS. To win their affections my brother took out his wallet and handed my 15 month old a five dollar bill. This says a lot about his experience with small children, but I digress. I would have bet said $5 that Tate would rip it into pieces or put it promptly in his mouth, but he did neither. Tate took the money as if knowing exactly it's worth and headed straight for the nursery. He tucked it safely in his crib next to his blankie and walked out! We could have died laughing and from the shock of it. Tate just looked at us like "What was I supposed to do with it? It's 5 bucks!" Since then several items have been deemed valuable enough to warrant hiding/saving in his special place: mommy's flip flop, baby brother's bib, and all burp cloths he can gather (he still loves to carry them around and does NOT like baby brother using them now). For now he doesn't notice as I remove his treasures before nap times, usually to their right owners and places -but that fiver is his, he's earned it.

So here's to my little boy growing up faster than I'd like and keeping us guessing and laughing every day.


1 comment: