Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesdays and Thursdays

We take the twins to daycare twice a week. yes we are both home while Sean is on paternity leave, but this is a good choice for our family for a few reasons.
1. It gives us quality time with baby Bennett who is often forgotten as he sleeps all day and the twins do not.
2. It gives the twins a change of scenery and others to play with without us around.
3. Hold their spot in daycare should I get a job soon.
4. SANITY. We are sleep deprived, they are wild monkeys, sometimes mommy and daddy just need a break.
5. Catch up- grocery shopping, cleaning, laundry, and other errands can be completed in half the time!
6. Sean's company reimburses us for the cost, so it's basically free to us (twice a week cost).

As a bonus I can drink my cup of coffee while it's hot and read/blog. It's funny how these days go so quickly though. It's also nice to miss them a little. Gives me a chance to appreciate them more when they are underfoot and whining. OH THE WHINING. I guess this is a new"pre-toddler" phase as I have been reading about, but it has gotten old quick. I am renewing my zeal for signing and trying to get them to pick up a few new ones like"help" so they aren't so frustrated trying to express themselves to us. I have been reading to that most the time they are tired and/or hungry when whining so we are trying to feed them more and perhaps not jump to one nap so quickly.

In other good news, Benny slept 10-3 last night! Wahoo! Then he was up at 7am which is wake up time around here anyway. I am praying he sticks with this schedule-it's basically since have started Babywise (loosely) with him a few days ago. Say what you will, but my twins were sleeping through the night at 11 weeks and the "schedule" has saved my sanity. I always feed him if it seems he can't wait until the next feeding time, but so far we seem comfortable at the 3 hour mark. It felt good to only wake once last night! And now a few pictures from this weekend just because I got a new camera:


Grace Noel:


Benny Bear:

Tate with his goose egg from running into the wall earlier:




1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on Bennett! So cute! I missed that post I guess. I was wondering the other day and then never went to your site. Yes I break is good for everyone and the twins probably love going to "school" and seeing their friends. It's a win win either way!! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete