Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sass-A-Frass

That is my new nickname for our Gracie Girl.

In her ripe, old age of 18 months, she is exhibiting a new talent for sass. She can often be found giving "the brows" ( as seen above) and telling us "DOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIT!" I don't even know where 'do it' comes from, but she heard it somewhere and is holding on like its a new sippy cup. She also is perfecting a high pitched squeal that makes daddy's ears bleed when we have not responded to her needs quickly enough. We are trying to teach her about patience (ha ha) and saying please (which she does half the time), but then this sass rears its ugly head again. I've also seen it in deliberate walking away from me when she needs to apologize for hitting and when she purposely throws her food off the highchair tray while I am trying to clean it.

Needless to say, I think we are in for it.

But I am determined. I do not want her to turn into one of those diva toddlers that rules her home, I have seen those girls in high school. NO THANK YOU.
I have also been known to throw around a bit of sass myself. Just ask my Mother. I still get emails and voice mails from her that start with "Now, don't sass me, girl".

So when patience and discipline fail, I will be prepared to fight sass with sass. I think we all know that her daddy doesn't have a prayer in disciplining her, all she has to do is give him a kiss and he will race out to buy her a pony. That's fine with me, he can take the boys to the ER every time they break a limb.
I will take on miss sass-a-frass AND those Brows.




2 comments:

  1. Oh I hear ya on this. I feel like all I do is deal with sass here from Charlotte. She gets sent for a time-out everytime she talks back. Needless to say, she spends a lot of time in time-outs! Eventually she will catch on, right?

    ReplyDelete