Friday, November 6, 2009

WHO THAT?!

Lots and lots of new things happening around here. I guess that's the thing about kids-they grow up.

Benny is almost 3 months old and sleeping through the night like a champ, so we bit the bullet and put him to bed in the twins' nursery. It was so neat/overwhelming to see all 3 of our little ones lined up in there sleeping. We even paused to bask a bit until Gracie grunted and wiggled and Sean and I had to run out the door so she wouldn't see us. ANYWAYS. It was very sweet to hear them squealing this morning as they often do, but when we opened the door we were met with Gracie's angry eyebrows and she yelled "WHO IS THAT?!" pointing at sweet Benny. She has never strung words together before! Tate was also pointing and yelling, but more like a "YEAH!" than actual words. Gracie the repeated "Who that?!" about a zillion times before I told her Benny was allowed to sleep in their room now. When did my child learn to speak? I mean like actual words, not the made up ones they have trained us to understand.

Other things we now know they can do:
-Open bedroom door by themselves-as seen by surprising mommy on the toilet
-Draw straight lines-beautifully debuted with the artwork on their closet doors
-Understand what "no" means-demonstrated by screaming it at me when I make a request

Yep, my babies are growing up!


3 comments:

  1. Wow 3 months old already...time really does fly by! Yay for talking or maybe not a big yay...then they start saying stuff that you wish they wouldn't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sleeping through the night is *always* good news, isn't it!? your kiddies are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! I think it is hilarious that they didn't know who was in the room with them! Of course I am still laughing at the halloween debacle of Benny in the lion costume!! I've told so many people that story :)

    ReplyDelete