As Lent season is upon us, I am in the habit of giving up something. This is so that every time I suffer not getting the thing I want, I am reminded of how much greater Christ's suffering must have been. It's a practice I think is valuable though it's not a lot of fun. In the past we've given up TV (ouch), starbucks, fast food, coke; basically anything I adore is fair game. This year I've decided on the internet. Not cold turkey because I do use it for some practical things, but I am going to restrict myself not to use it in the evenings. This is a favorite of mine when Sean gets home, to turn over childcare to him and read blogs. So I am going to make the effort to be more present with my family during these hours and give up that escape. Sean's a big fan of the idea, so I think it's probably a good one.
good for you! i should really do that too! you'll be missed though. :)
ReplyDelete