1. Laundry Room! I have always wanted one! I'm such a nerd, but I think having a special place for laundry is sooo cool.
2. Upstairs/Downstairs. Growing up in tight spaces, I wanted an up and downstairs for my kids. The are getting pretty good at navigating the steps on their own now and hearing them shriek with laughter as they run above me, makes me so glad.
3. Back Yard. Its mainly flat and mainly toddler proof. Tall fence all the way around and room for them to burn off energy before bed.
4. Master Bath. It's tiny, but who cares?! I can hide my stuff and keep it however I like because nobody sees it! Plus, I don't have to worry that my flush in the middle of the night will wake any babies!
5. Benny's own room. I had a major case of mommy guilt when he was born that he didn't have any space to call his own. A tiny crib was all he had. I couldn't decorate even a nook for him in our tiny condo and now he has his own big boy room! Yay! (That mommy still needs to decorate) *Ahem*
6. Big Kitchen. The kids can eat in it and there is enough space for cooking/cleaning/playing at the same time. No more picking spaghetti out of carpet!
7. Hardwood floors. LOVE.
8. Storage. Since my mother told the world we were moving, people have been coming out of the woodwork with boxes of crap they have been storing for me. I remember asking a few relatives to store tupperware bins of clothes/yearbooks/jr. high turtle collections; but it has really added up. Now that we have a garage and a storage shed in the yard, we will have all of our "stuff" with us for the first time. It's about time to do inventory and purge a bit.
9. Neighbors/hood. This is a great neighborhood and not coincidentally 5 houses down from one of our favorite couples/family. They have a son who is betrothed to my Gracie and a newborn. We've been here 2 weeks and already there have been a ton of impromptu play dates, which I love. Such a fun experience to have good friends and safe neighborhood!
10. Decorating! We don't have a lot to spend, but this house is like a blank canvass feeding into my need to decorate and shop all the cute etsy stores/blogs/websites and catalogs that I love! It's a legitimate reason! I even get to buy sometimes!













i am so super happy for you, mama! sounds like this place is just awesome! :)
ReplyDelete