Saturday, July 10, 2010

180

You know that scene from Sex and the City 2 when Charlotte is crying in the pantry because her children are so overwhelming? Well that was me, only it was the little kids library and I was sitting on a big stuffed dog.

The heat caused a nap strike and it was all down hill from there. Nothing you MoMs haven't heard before: sass,lost blankies, many time outs, fights, tantrums, and clingy babies. When Sean walked in the door I burst into tears and went into hiding. He is amazing at recognizing when I.am.done. He just shut the door behind me and took over. I went to the store because we had run out of baby food and wipes (awesome) and came back with just enough energy to help with bath and bedtime.

Today is a new day! We got up rested, kids are smiling and happy (thank you box air conditioner), and we went to the farmer's market! I got deliciou cinnimon raisin bread and we shared blackberries on a bench. Beautiful. Kids are all napping (at the same time!) allowing me to play on the computer and recharge my batteries.

Funny how days can flip on you like that. I told Sean if we could just win the lottery he could stay home and every day would surely be this wonderful. Then again, it's only noon.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate. there are those days when my hubby comes home that I am DONE and he knows it too- i don't have to tell him.
    I'm with you about winning the lottery!
    Hope your weekend is better!

    ReplyDelete