I think we have everything we need to start formal training tomorrow! We are using the 3 Day Potty Training Method by Laurie Jensen. It comes highly recommended to me by a friend and knocking this out in 3 days sounds awesome to me! We have been going as they think of it the last few weeks and we've had success with poop and pee (more so from Gracie actually, but YOU try and convince Tate not to go every time she does).
We've got the Big Boy and Big Girl underwear in our drawers (My, I am feeling punny today. Feel free to boo now)
They both chose Elmo (no surprise there) and were VERY excited to carry these around the store and at home. Being budget conscious, we let them pick out one pack of "character" a.k.a more pricey underwear, to get excited about, and then we selected a pack of generic colored ones for each of them. It was a big price difference. On a side note: Thank you underwear Powers That Be for making girly Elmo underwear! Gracie loves Elmo too and trying to get her jazzed about Disney princesses wasn't happening.
We've got potty chairs in place!
These will not travel around the house with us, as I want them to learn that the bathroom is the only place, but I guess have to come in the car for awhile? Awesome.
And the most important tool/resource we have at our disposal:
Once after a successful potty, Gracie was so excited she whispered to me in her most adorable voice "I Yike THESE!"
Wish us Good luck!













No comments:
Post a Comment