Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Things my kids are afraid of


I don't get why AT ALL, but my kids are afraid of seemingly everything these days. It's getting to the point where its hard not to make fun of them.

1. Dogs: I'll give them that, big dogs can be unnerving when you've never seen one up close. But wiener dogs are where I draw the line
2. Statues of animals at the zoo: hundreds of kids climb in these a day, but mine are terrified. well done, statue maker, they look real!
3. Bugs: We call them "buts", I am trying very hard not to pass on my fear of spiders, so I cannot be blamed. Anything that flies or crawls or moves in any way is a "buts" and must be removed from the yard/house/car/pool immediately before the world ends.
4. Leaves on the ground: can be mistaken for large and scary buts.
5. Cats: any cat closer than 10 feet is a reason to scream and cry. Further away it is exciting.
6. Sirens
7. Big trucks: spotting them from the car is fun, seeing them up close or with the window rolled down is unacceptable.
8. Cracks: Tate cannot handle walking on a deck or big toy that you can see the ground through, he thinks he will fall.
9. Church ladies in the nursery: every week we go, every week they quiver in fear.
10. Dirt: They both cannot handle dirt on their hands or feet. Anywhere else is totally fine.
11. US leaving a room or moving 2 inches away: This just applies to Benny, and it is supposed to be a stage, but it is driving us crazy.

Weirdos. They are, however, NOT afraid of running away from us in a crowded place, running into the street, or base jumping off of furniture in the house. So we've got that going for us.

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious! At least yours are both scared. I've got one who want to get out and have fun, and another who is scared to do ANYTHING! So when I'm by myself, it's either scare the crud out of one, or bore the crud out of the other one! Oh well- just abother phase!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday Gracie FREAKED out at the blender going! I mean, seriously?! Glad mine aren't the only sensitive ones :)

    ReplyDelete