This morning when you woke up, you called for daddy as usual. When I came into your room you glared at me "NO mama, DADDY do it!" Again, per usual.
I happily ignored you and kissed your head. I sang happy birthday as we picked out some clothes to wear. We could hear your brother and sister making noise in their room so we went to get them. You are liking to do more and more on your own and opening the door to greet them in the morning is one of them. You say "Goo Morneeeen!" and hold 3 binkies in your hand. It's your birthday so I didn't snatch them away like I usually do. ;) I reminded everyone it was your special day and I was so happy when G and T started singing Happy birthday to you on their own. Even though Tate insists today is actually his (imaginary) doggy's birthday, I'm glad he gave you some special attention.
We brought cookies to the sitter's house for your special snack and I wished daddy and I didn't have to work on birthdays. I know you're happy with your little friends, but still.
When we get home in the afternoon daddy makes smoothies and you walk around saying "Happy boy! big boy!" We sing again.
We went to frozen yogurt after dinner and a nice walk. At bedtime, daddy and I thanked God for you when we all prayed together on the floor in your room. We sing the "night, night Benny" song that I made up when you were just weeks old. Even though you are a big boy now, we still feel like you are the baby of our family. Maybe you always will be.
Some more things about you:
Fav color: green or yellow
Fav food: waffles
Fav toy: any kind of ball or recently, babies you can cuddle and put in a stroller
Fav show: Sesame Street!
Fav sayings: "Don't want to!" "walk walk walk" "Are you?" (where are you?), "You doing?" (what are you doing), "my daddy!"
Fav person: Daddy or your brother
Blankie: blue with elephants
Song: Justin Bieber, "Baby song"
You are generous with hugs and kisses, have an easy smile, and adore anything your brother is doing. You also love, LOVE your big cousin Caleb. You like to sit on the potty lately and pretend to go. Then you pretend to pour it into the toilet and flush. Pretty funny. You've started singing your own songs like your sister and playing her guitar (when she lets you). We love watching you become more and more of yourself every day.
Thank for surprising us 2 years ago and joining our family. We couldn't imagine life without you!
xoxo
Mama














No comments:
Post a Comment