Sean dropped us off really quick and I didn't grab anything a mother usually does (extra clothes, diapers, etc.)
Gracie has been potty trained for awhile, but I guess I should know better by now.
Started out great
She picked blue for her color and I said ok because she was wearing closed toes shoes to the wedding ;)
Not pictured is 2 seconds later when she turned to me and said "Oh I'm peeing!"
All over the leather couch in the salon. Big puddle.
*Crap!*
I scooped her up and looked to see if anyone was on to us. One woman saw us and looked at me a little shocked (I'll take that over grossed out). I mumbled something and ran to a station to get paper towels. I wiped up the mess quickly and ran to the bathroom with with Grace and a fake smile plastered on my face so nobody would know what was going on.
In the bathroom we just started at each other. G kept waiting for me to change her and I just kept saying I don't know what we should do. Her underwear were soaked and she wouldn't keep them on (not that I blame her), but I wasn't about to let my 3 year old go commando in a nail salon. Germs aside, I don't think any lady wants to look up and see that when she's painting toe nails.
So.
G was wearing some bloomers over her underwear that matched her tutu. I
Moving on!
She did not want to sit in the special butterfly chair
but that's ok because her cousin did
So she sat on my lap and watched. It ended up being so fun this way! When she got the nerve she would put her feet in the tub with me and seeing that I was fine gave her the courage to get her nails painted too. She even switched from blue to my color :)
She ended up getting a flower "becuth I am a fwower girrrrrl!"
I think all the girls felt pretty that day
(lime green toes are what's pretty to a 13 year old, I guess)
So besides the major hygiene FAIL, it was a successful trip! (and yes, I tipped extra)














No comments:
Post a Comment