
Here is my very silly girl after her first class. Next to her is Lydia, a friend from church.
It started off rough with her clinging to me and then crying when the teacher took her hand and shut me out of the room. I was worrying about her for the next 27 minutes of class.
When she came out she was all smiles and SO excited to show me the heart stamp on her hand and a note from her teacher. She is in LOVE with "my teacher named Bethany." The note was a January tuition statement and information about the recital in June. She made us read it 5 times and then tape it above her bed. She showed me some moves with looked a lot like her yoga moves, but I was set straight, "THEY ARE BALLET MOVES!" I asked her if she danced with Lydia, "No, I just wanted to hold hands with my teacher named Bethany." I asked her if she saw the other girls dance, "I don't know, I just turned on the music with my teacher named Bethany."
From the sound of it, there wasn't a lot of independence this time around.
I am hopeful though. She is counting down the days to go back and I am trying to convince her not to hold Bethany's hands the whole class this time. She can't imagine that teacher doesn't love this as much as she does. :)
On a side note: Tate cried and missed her terribly. He made her a smoothie "all by himself' (with daddy) and saved it in the fridge for her. She came waltzing in and bragged all about her "ballet studio" and really rubbed it in. I didn't think 3 year olds knew how to do that. Note made.














Awww...that is so cute! I'm glad she liked it, I know (I teach 3-4yr old ballet class)once the parents leave they usually forget about being sad and just have a good time!
ReplyDeleteThanks! That is reassuring!
ReplyDelete