It's nice to have this 3 day weekend with snow. We are cuddled in and wiping runny noses anyway. There's a few things that happen on family days that I don't get to enjoy any other time of the week:
When Benny wakes up early Sean grabs him and brings him in bed with us. We get another half hour of dozing while he explores my face with his chubby toddler hands. In whispered tones we talk about silly things that we won't remember once the day gets going. It's the quietest I ever get to see this boy.
We spread out in the house and the kids find their own trouble to get into. While I brushed my hair, Tate put a receipt in the toaster and turned it on. Luckily, Sean smelled the smoke pretty quickly. Tate blamed Benny. We got to talk about fire safety and truth telling.
During nap time Sean and I read on the couch together and enjoy the silence, however long it lasts. When the first shout is heard (usually from Benny's room) we both pretend we don't hear it.
We stay in pajamas until lunchtime (if we have nowhere to go) and watch an entire movie.
During the week the kids will often ask us 'how many days till family day?' and I love that we are all counting down for these together.














Those are the BEST days! Besides the toaster fire that is ;)
ReplyDelete