Sunday, February 19, 2012

Let's Not Talk About It

The Bad News: Gracie and Tater have started lying to us. Nothing major, but the little fibs when they know they are going to get in trouble. We want to get rid of this now before it becomes a habit.

The Good News: They are pretty easy to spot and have obvious tells. When Tate has lied he A) rolls his eyes from side to side/ looks at the ceiling or B) runs and hides. When Gracie has lied (as she did this morning about sneaking a piece of candy from the kitchen) she turns her back to you and says "Let's not talk about it anymore."

I have to give her points for trying.

Seriously though, I want them to "get" that it is a big deal to us, and they get extra long time outs when they have lied, but I feel like we should be doing something more? Any great ideas out there?



No comments:

Post a Comment