Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Back to School

I've been back since Monday trying to get my classroom ready for 1st Graders and attend what seems like endless meetings. I actually love back to school time, but I'm pretty stressed and my brain feels like mush. The kids are in daycare all week this week and we are trying to get everyone back on schedule. So far there has been a lot of complaining.

We had a yard sale last weekend and made alike $150.00. That's always nice and it forced us to go through the massive amount of kids' clothes we've been stock piling. I'll be glad when I can unload more at my Multiples sale. A sweet mom came by with 4 year old boy/girl twins and we talked for a long time. We should be doing a play date soon. Tate LOVED having the sale. He met every person at their car (much to our embarassment) and welcomed them. Then he would tell them they can have anything they want! All they have to do is give him a dollar to put in his piggy bank (smooth, kid) so he can save it up to buy something he really wants someday. Ha ha. A little salesman in the making for sure. He even invited one lady to come back for a sleepover. I guess we need to review those lessons on stranger danger. This was him when he woke up from nap and saw the sale was over
Poor guy.

He would like to spend the day in search of a golden caterpillar that is in a jungle after Disneyland (just look for a sign with hippos on it, by the way) but alas, I am finishing this luke warm coffee and heading to my room for sorting Bible curriculum and hanging posters.

No comments:

Post a Comment