Tate was surprised and excited, Gracie was nervous about it, and Benny was apparently expecting it. "I saw the sign over there." Oh well, you can't win 'em all. It was awesome getting there so early. We went on Peter Pan first and then back to back rides with about 5-10 minute wait times at the most. The weather was sunny, but not yet hot. It was perfect.
I think Fantasy Land was the best place for us overall, but we wanted to explore more of the park as well. We went to Toontown and saw our first character, Goofy. Totally freaked Gracie out. We tried to make a quick getaway into a ride, but we went into Roger Rabbit's crazy cab (or something like that) and it was super scary just walking through the line. Then all three were screaming, terrified. We rushed out of the line maze and ran to "It's a small World" to calm down. The boys were fine, but Gracie still needed some TLC for a while after that. We had lunch and waited in line for Finding Nemo. Gracie tells us she has to go potty and we tell her to hold it because we were literally steps from it being our turn. Then I look down and see this puddle underneath her.
I know, I can't believe I took a picture of it either. Anyways, we were stuck. Sean wanted to just pretend it didn't happen. It sounds crazy, but when you've been waiting in line for 30 minutes all rational thought is lost. We are getting on this ride! But I just couldn't do it. Not when I saw strangers and their children stepping dangerously close to it as it spread. I would be so grossed out if my kid stepped in someone else's pee. So I caved and called an attendant over. I told him she had an accident. Gracie piped up "It wasn't an accident, I TOLD you I had to go potty and you didn't take me." Thanks, kid. The guy tried to look unfazed, but I could see he was slightly grossed out. Thankfully, he let Sean and the boys step to the side to wait and just let me run her back to the stroller parking to change and clean up. The more embarrassing part was him closing down the entire lane we were in with the yellow cones and all. Now everyone around would see what happened. Oh well, what can you do? We learned, and for the rest of the trip everyone wore pull-ups whether they wanted to or not. When we got back in line the guy was gracious and said was much worse when people didn't tell, especially adults after barfing on a ride. Ha ha, so I felt much lower on the disney disgraced list now. Nemo was a great ride by the way! So cool! I was proud of the kids not crying in the dark parts either.
We figured this was a good time to nap. The park had gotten much more crowded after lunch and we were hot and tired. We went back to Grandma's house for a nap-beautiful. We ate dinner at home and came back to the park around 6pm. We weren't sure how this would go considering normal bedtime is around 7pm, but we really wanted to stay up for the fireworks. It was an awesome night. We did the Jungle Cruise and Tate was in awe. He kept talking us how he'd never been to the jungle before and would have to tell everyone he knew that we went there, when we got back to America! (Because disneyland it not in America I guess). My favorite part was when the fake darts fly above you and the cruise guide told them to hit the deck. Gracie and Tate were on the floor covering their heads FAST, ha ha. Slightly scary to them I'm sure.
Everything was super crowded so we took the opportunity to ride Winnie the Pooh and then take the long train ride around the park. Then we settled into a spot on Main St. so we would have a great view of the parade. We ate cotton candy, popcorn, and talked and played. I think it might be my favorite memory of the trip. When the show started they were all amazed. They have never seen fireworks before and they loved it. Tate kept saying "Thank you for bringing us here! This is the most wonderful surprise ever EVER!" My sweet boy. Benny was half asleep by time it ended and completely passed out as soon as we started walking for the exit.
We were exhausted, but in the best possible way.














No comments:
Post a Comment