I can't believe how fast time flies. It seems like each week just picks up speed. I can't believe my babies are 3 months old now!! This weekend was nice and low key. Friday both grandmas watched the twins for an hour or so and we went grocery shopping and hit the BRU sale. Then home and bed. Saturday we hung around the house most of the day, but did an extended photo shoot for the 3 month old b-day! We decided to try on the new swim wear we bought them for California. Too cute for words. Gracie in a bikini is hilarious and my Tater looked like such a big boy! We rented a couple of movies and ran some errands. Sunday was church, went to my classroom to pack up some boxes (I am switching grades this fall) and went to our friends' house for some pre-season football and BBQ. They have a boy, Jackson, who is 3 weeks older and Gracie's boyfriend (their moms are convinced it's love). A fun time was had by all except Gracie who screamed for about 20 minutes of her nap. I have NO idea what that was about. Sometimes they cry mid-nap and we soothe a little, but usually wait it out and they will fall back asleep in 10 minutes or less. This time she was screaming for so long, when I finally went to pick her up her little eyes were so red and swollen and she was doing these kind of sniffle breaths. Oh broke.my.heart. I could have cried myself! I think she was just over-tired from a wacky day and not getting good sleep. We fed them and all were happy again.
Last night we also bumped bed time again! The last bottle was at 8:30 (instead of 9) and they were asleep by 9:00pm! They slept great, they woke at 6:45 as usual, so I am stoked. This will give us more time at night! I think we will try it for another 2 weeks and then hopefully have them going down at 8pm before I start teaching in September. This might be selfish, but we don't want to put them to bed before that because then we would hardly get any time with them after work! Sean gets home at 5:30 as it is-that's not even 3 hours! I am going to miss them like crazy. I know I couldn't be a stay at home mom (financially or emotionally), but this transition is going to be rough. Sometimes I wonder if I am more protective because they were preemie and I can still see them hooked up to machines and barely eating anything. Feels like if I'm not careful, they could be that fragile again. I don't know, we have a fantastic sitter lined up so I know from church, so I will get through this. 21 days and counting. I will end with a few pics from our swimsuit debut!













No comments:
Post a Comment