1 pack n' Play
1 Bouncer chair
1 activity mat (Great -grandparents house has zero baby stuff)
2 swaddles
2 baby Bjorn's
1 stroller
2 car seats
7 bottles
10 bibs
18 onesies/outfits
2 swimsuits :)
1 pack of diapers and wipes
1 can of formula (we will buy more when we get there)
6 pacifiers
10 burp cloths
---and some other odds and ends.
This doesn't even touch all the clothes and things my husband and I need for ourselves. But when it's all said and done we will be so glad they got to meet their great- grandparents and we had our first ever family vacation. It is always special for us to visit that area since we started going almost once a year since we were dating in high school, got engaged there (Disneyland), went for our 1 year anniversary, etc. So it's only fitting for our 4 year anniversary (we will celebrate while there) that we have our twins with us this time.
We get back on Friday and then I will turn around and go to the Gorge to see Tom Petty in concert with my mom, sisters and some friends for her 50th birthday. Then it will be time to start getting things organized in my new classroom when I get back Monday! Ack! School is looming! I am going to miss my babies so much!
One more thing, I have to celebrate my super mom-ish achievement today. I left the house with the twins by myself for the first time! It's not that I was afraid to before-it was the logistics of parking lot parking and my wimpy arms not able to carry both car seats. So now that we have baby bjorns, I went for it. I put Tate in the bjorn and held Gracie and my diaper bag/keys in my arms. I locked the door (with her head wobbling all over) and then walked to the car! That easy! Then I put her in her car seat, undid the bjorn and put him in his seat! Yay! I immediately called my mom and dh to gloat. We met a friend and her little guy for lunch and then on the way home I got cocky. I drove through Starbucks to get myself a drink. When I pulled into our parking lot I realized what an idiot I am. How am I supposed to carry both babies AND my iced tall skinny vanilla latte? BAM! I am humbled. So I negotiate that baby A in bjorn can hold my cell phone and keys while I hold baby B and latte and the diaper bag (and leftover pizza from lunch) can stay in the car until Sean gets home. This worked out pretty well except for Baby B's screaming because my cold drink was held at the back of his neck while I carried and unlocked the door. I thought there was a chance he'd appreciate it given our recent heat wave-no such luck. No doubt the pizza in the car will really reek in a few hours as well. Anyway, we made it home and as my husband would say I revolutionized the game.













LOL, isn't it funny how quickly you can be knocked down a peg after feeling so good about yourself as a MOM?? BTW the boys were in their jumparoos around 4 1/2 months, but were still too short, so we put towels underneath to help them bounce :)
ReplyDelete