Saturday, May 14, 2011

Balance



Cozy Saturday here.

Watched cartoons in our pj's and some girlfriends of mine came over for a late waffle brunch. Just having 3 hours of lounging/waffle eating/coffee drinking has done wonders for my mood.

I've been feeling so out of balance lately. Too much work, errands, and STUFF and not enough cuddling and meandering. I signed up for the 30 day challenge in hot yoga, which basically means I do 30 days in a row. It has been awesome (I'm on day 12), but I have to let that go too. I have to miss 3 classes coming up for other things and I was getting all stressed about it. I wanted so badly to complete that challenge because it would be good for me, but possibly NOT doing so much might be better after all.

I feel like motherhood, working, and being a decent wife are 3 balls constantly in the air, add "me" time or working out and that's another. I like to say I'm a great juggler, but after about 4 weeks I crash. So I am trying to be a little more pro-active this time and let some things go.

No, we cannot attend every birthday party we are invited to. So that, yes, I can spend an hour catching up with my husband during nap time.

No, I don't have to fold all that laundry this morning. So that yes, my kids can count on me to play a game of 'mama bunny' with them.

You get the idea.

Trying not to be a procrastinator, just a better prioritize-er is that a word I can play on words with friends?. We are attempting to simplify everything lately and I think this is a good step.



3 comments:

  1. I hear you Leah! I feel the same way! You only do what you can. You are doing a great job doing as much yoga as you do - which I find shockingly amazing and wish I could do the same. Seriously, where are your kids when this is happening? Anyway, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha, Oh didn't I mention I just leave them in the car?

    No, Sean is home with them when I go-they are usually in bed and I go to the 8PM class or he handles dinner or bedtime alone when I go to a 6pm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course! Thanks and welcome! How have you liked growing up as a twin?

    ReplyDelete