Monday, May 23, 2011

Sesame Street Live



This weekend was insanely busy with birthday parties and a "to do" list a mile long. But the highlight was taking G and T to Sesame Street Live. We bought tickets for their b-day gift, knowing they'd be confused at the time, but it was worth it. This kind of a gift is a bit of a risk at their age. Especially with Gracie's history of screaming at people in costumes. But Sean and I wanted to do a more memory making/exxperience driven gift than just another toy to clutter up the family room.

Anyways.

We got to the arena and were excited about our super close seats. 3rd row! Gracie proceeded to cry and yell for the first 3-5 minutes of Bert's monologue. She wanted to sit in the granstands and/or go home. I was afraid of this, but she cuddled close to daddy and perservered. After that, we were golden! Tate was in awe beginning to end. She got super exited when The Count came out and we guessed the 'number of the day', like we do at home. She guessed 3, but it was 1. I think my favorite memory is that throughout the show when they would talk about the numbers, she would raise her finger in a three and yell "NOOO! It's 3!!!" ha ha. Sometimes just a silent protest of three fingers. Such a rebel.


Tate's favorite part (besides the bag of popcorn) was getting to hug Bert! They both got to high-five Rosita, but about half way through the show he kept telling me "I want to hug them". I'd say "I know, but they are kind of busy singing right now, buddy." Thankfully, Bert took the time to come over and Tate siezed the opportunity to run up and hug him. I was so happy for him and proud of how brave he is!

We promised we would tell Benny everything we saw and they did. Benny wasn't interested in the least, of course. But I like the sentimate. It was a real treat to have one on one time with the twins again. We haven't had that since their last birthday when we took them to the zoo alone. I forget that we were a little family of 4 for over a year. Not sure if we will continue this tradition every year, but I think we all like the smaller parent:child ratio every so often!


No comments:

Post a Comment