Tuesday, May 17, 2011

House Guest




I bought this little bird house last summer in hopes that some little guy would make it their home. While Sean was doing yard work this weekend he discovered that and more!



It's hard to see, but the house has been filled with a nest and buried in the middle is a mama bird. This is like the Where's Waldo of blog posts, but look for the eye and beak in the middle somewhere.

Sean felt like we were intruding and being horribly rude, so we left. A few hours later, we wanted to show the kids (some neighbors we are) and mama bird was gone! But in her sweet nest she left her eggs. Super exciting to us voyeurs!


Again, tough to see but they are light colored and way in the back. This time Sean was certain mama bird had laid a trap and was going to come back and peck our prying eyes out if we didn't back off. So I didn't linger to take a lot of pictures.
I don't know where his irrational fear of birds who come to live in our guest house comes from, but I see the logic I guess.

Anyway, that's the big news around here. A single, pregnant (maybe birds don't count as pregnant?) mother in our bird house! So pleased she chose us! And for the low, low price of allowing us to gawk at her every move- we hope her little family stays for as long as they like.


No comments:

Post a Comment