Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Rock 'N' Roll 3rd B-day Party!

We were blessed with gorgeous weather and besides a few kinks (stuff I ordered online not showing up on time) it turned out great.

The invite:


I used a seller on Etsy and I liked the way it turned out, but other items (banner, etc) he was supposed to get me were late so that was a bummer).

Decorations:
I didn't go all out on this. I feel like I have spent too much $ on the last couple of b-day parties so I was trying to scale back on decor and food. :)
I went to goodwill and hit up my parents for old records.




I hung them on tacks to the walls with was a fun effect because they could spin on their own. Album covers were lining walls in different rooms and then I used records as plate chargers on the snack table.

Food:
The party was at 3PM so I didn't feel like we needed to do a lot beyond cake and ice cream. Just some snacks and treats to keep the parents and kiddos happy. I didn't get a picture of the refreshment bar, but there were sodas, organic juice for the toddlers, italian sodas and a few adult beverages for the real rockers ;)

Pop Rocks were a must have!


Rock star rice crispy treats


Snack table (with records underneath)


Cake:
Daddy made these cakes with a pan we found at Joanne's Fabrics. He did such an awesome job and the kids adored them! He even carved out Tate's to be an electric and made Gracie's pink one to look like her real life acoustic.




Activities:
We didn't have games going because most the kids in attendance were 4 and under, but we had our bouncy house set up, the swing set, random cars to drive, toddler play house and a picnic table with a bunch of instruments on it for the kids to try out. So glad the weather cooperated so we didn't have all that noise in the house!






The Band:
This is the part I was most excited about! My husband and two of our friends who actually have musical talent agreed to rock out pre-school style for us! They set up in the back yard and played 5 of our favorite songs, but with a rock n' roll twist. I have never heard ABC's or Happy Birthday sung better! Everyone loved it and the Gracie and Tate were in awe of daddy on the drums!






We also had a temporary tattoo parlor set up in the bathroom for guests to use, but I forgot to take a picture again! Here is a cute little brother rocking his tattoo though ;)

The best part for the kids was getting to try out the drums and microphones themselves! How cool!




Outfits:
Tate wore an AC/DC shirt I got from Old Glory and Gracie wore her Madonna shirt and tutu. I ordered her an awesome Joan Jett shirt, but it was late. I wore my mom's old Bon Jovi shirt and yellow netted gloves, and daddy kept it classic with Pink Floyd. He also had a black SECURITY shirt incase things go out of hand ;)
Friends an family got in on the fun too:





A few of my fav pics of the day:



I had to throw this one in so you can see Grace's super cute guitar hairclips! Got them on clearance at gymboree!



Last but not least, the swag for the kids to take home:
Blow up guitars, rock star sunglasses and their own microphone. I've heard one little boy has been using all 3 to make bath time more entertaining.

2 comments: