Thursday, September 2, 2010

September

I love September and the whole back to school tradition. I love how you can feel the season change in Seattle, and I swear I can smell a difference in the mornings! While I'm not at an elementary school this year, I am starting a new job teaching at a learning clinic that provides academic interventions for kids with needs beyond what their schools can offer. I am really excited about all I will be learning and what brain research tells us about kids with dyslexia, ADD, and sensory issues!

This week I feel a pang of sadness that I'm not setting up my classroom and applying name tags to desks, but I know that taking this new job will make me a much better teacher in the long run. I will love being able to tell parent with confidence that I have ideas about how to help their struggling child! What a gift that will be!

So, for now, my classroom bell, posters, crayon organizer, and VIP chair will be packed away...

But I am going shopping for some new shoes that do not have to be comfortable enough to stand for 6 hrs at a time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A small consolation.

No comments:

Post a Comment