Saturday, September 4, 2010

I made something!

I want to be crafty, I really do.

I have read a million of the blogs out there and save all the great tutorials, hoping I'll get super talented/motivated one day. But I made an honest attempt at some kitchen decor yesterday and I am pretty pleased with myself! ;)

We rent our house so we can't paint the walls. This leaves us with a lot of white space. So, I wanted to add some more color to my kitchen. I got these letters at Michael's on sale originally thinking I'd just paint them, but my last paint job took several coats and I think it looks streaky still. So my next thought was scrapbook paper.

I took my letters


Traced them onto this cute paper I had saved


Cut out each letter. I just used scissors, though an exacto knife would be easier probably.


Then I Modge Podged! I am no longer a Modge Podge virgin! I am getting uber crafty now...


Wait 15 min to dry and TA DA!


Super easy and semi-crafty. All ready to be hung on the wall (by someone other than me who has a level).



10 comments:

  1. Great idea ... very creative! Most people are probably a lot more creative than they give themselves credit for.
    I'm here from Blog Frog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable are these!!?! I just love them! Love MP too...it's a gem for all kinds of goodies! I'm happy to be your newest follower of your delightful blog and I'd love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! I'd also like to invite you to link up at my weekly Fabulous Friday Finds party! Hope to see you there!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks and I will! Your blog is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you go girl! super cute ..have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great & don't under estimate yourself..You are a crafter & a very good one at that!! Hi..I’m Barb… I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
    & get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well. I also would love for you to be a new Fan of my Facebook page too & click “LIKE” in the upper right hand corner of my blog & you’ve done it..Thanks so much! I am just starting at Facebook. Nice to meet ya new friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Barb! Thank you! I will head over there now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely project, and I love the polka dot pattern. I'm visiting from www.lifeisaparty.ca

    ReplyDelete