That's what we heard at 12:38am last night. Not sure if it was imagined, a nightmare, a wayward fuzz, or the real deal, but Grace Noel was terrified. She keeps finding them all over the house, which is impressive since this isn't really the season. I'm starting to think she has inherited my
curse. The curse being my uncanny ability to sense and spot a spider in any given location, any given moment. It truly is a 'spidey sense'! The other day one almost landed on her hand as she hit a light switch. That
so would happen to me. She also imagines every black fuzz, crumb, and piece of lint in the house is a spider until proven otherwise and is instantly afraid. I'm the same way! It's pathetic when she calls for help and both of us tip toe around leaning close,
but not too close to see if it moves. If I don't have my glasses on, forget it, it's a spider and we yell for daddy. Better be safe than sorry.
I felt for her last night thinking one was in her bed. That's the worst! I have a very vivid memory as a child of one landing on my face in the dark. I was paralyzed for what felt like eons until I ran from my room screaming. Could have been my own hair for all I know, but the alternative was horrifying.
Sean, having spent 7 years calming my spider phobia, was a pro with our little girl last night. He checked every corner and sheet and showed her how every inch was clean. I was glad he took over. I was still glancing nervously around the floor.
Sadly, more sleep was stolen from us about 5-6:30 am because Benny started screaming. Pretty sure he just wanted waffles, though. Sorry buddy, Fear of starvation without breakfast foods is really more daddy's thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment