Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Funny Valentine

We had the brokest (is that a word?) Valentine's day ever yesterday. But my husband never ceases to amaze.

I ordered him a card from tiny prints (free with coupon thankyouverymuch) and I was moping around all day thinking of all I wouldn't be getting. No chocolates. No flowers. No cards. We literally had 4 dollars left in our bank account until pay day (today, yay!) But as always I am reminded how rich I am in love and family. He made me a hilarious card that I adore. After the kids went to bed he lit candles (and took down the dining room fort) to make a romantic dinner for two. We had steak and roasted potatoes with my fav cheese sauce, wine, and even dessert! He spent $1.85 at the store with coupons for our meal and dessert was chocolates he bought me at Borders with a gift card he had from Christmas. I even got a real gift, a cd I'd been wanting also from his gift card. Very sweet and thoughtful.

Finally we watched a rental we got for free with (you guessed it) another coupon! So the grand total out of pocket was $1.85 and we had a really sweet and romantic evening.

Below is the card he made me. Hilarious to me, might be semi-nerdy to you. I'm ok with that.


We used to look like this


Now we look like this


But we still have this

Hope your day reminds you of all the love in your life as well!


5 comments:

  1. That is the cutest card! I love it. I'm glad you guys ended up having a great Valentines day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty much the sweetest thing I've ever heard! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it's nerdy at all! I love it. It's so romantic that he MADE you a card. I'm grateful to have you as a follower on my blog. Please hop over if you have a minute to register for an awesome giveaway. (As a follower all you have to do is leave a comment!)

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha, thanks ladies. I adore his hand made efforts!

    Michelle I will enter today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why don't you make me cry already! You are very blessed!

    ReplyDelete