Grace and Tate have both been accident free for about a week, and rarely have more than one a day if they do. But this morning I open the door to their room and see a couple of "pieces" on the ground. Grace looks at me and says "What is it, Mama?" and I naively say, "Oh it must be crumbs or chocolate chips" thinking someone snuck a snack in here yesterday. (Yes, my house is dirty enough I could have missed it). Then she says, "No, It's poop!" and laughs.
It took me too long to figure out she had done this on purpose and knew for sure it was poop. Then she showed me the part that was between her bedroom door and mine (they are directly across the hall from each other). So not only did my little girl throw some around her room, she purposely grabbed a piece to roll from under her locked door and aim at mine. Am I supposed to read into this? Was she 'sending me a message' about early bedtime? moving her bed away from the window? or in some other toddler protest?
*Sigh*
No answers here. I'm just happy that a girl at daycare is having cupcakes for her b-day and I told Gracie that girls who play with poop don't get cupcakes (because that makes logical sense, right?). She seemed serious when she told me "My not play with poop anymore, mama, ok?"
Whatever works.














Well now, your little Gracie sounds creative ;-)
ReplyDeleteI have to say you seem to have handled it quite well, all things considered. I was thinking, how in the heck would I handle something like this?!
I love the girl at daycare and her sound principles at such a young age. Too funny!
Looking forward to following your blog!
~Cathy
www.lifeasdescribed.com
ha ha, Thanks! Doing the best I can!
ReplyDelete\
Thanks for following!
It seems like the cupcakes won! I think you handled that quite well!
ReplyDelete