Tuesday, February 8, 2011

This Morning

I get the kids all ready by myself on week day mornings so that Sean can get to work early/ come home early. The stage is set for insanity on any given day since I am grossly outnumbered.

Here's a bit of humor from my morning (unless you don't find potty humor, well, funny).

Me: Changing Benny's diaper on the couch
G and T: fumbling around in the bathroom.
T: "My going potty!"
Me: "Ok wait for me to come help you!"
T: walks out into the hallway with his pants and big boy underwear around his ankles
G: following T with a wipe.

You can probably see where this is headed

G: "Ok buddy let me just help you!" Proceeds to wipe his bum
T: "Thank you!"
G: "Ok I put this in the trash now, mama!"
Me: Staring quite dumbfounded, stammering "um...ok yeah"

I was going to discipline/discourage her in some way, but really she was being quite sweet and helpful to her brother and frankly, I could use the help around here. (I told that to my mom and she was disgusted with me for considering letting Gracie "help" full time). Of course I wouldn't do that, I would totally take over on a number 2. I'm serious kidding.

So sweet though, not 2 minutes later Tater was pouting in the kitchen because he had to wait for his potty reward while I finished getting Benny dressed. Gracie went in there after him, "Don't be mad at my mama buddy, ok? She get your treat. Don't be mad, buddy."

She is all over this little mommy phase and I am loving it.


No comments:

Post a Comment