Last week:
Tate: Mommy, why were you crying in your room with daddy?
Me: (flustered) Oh I was just tired and sad it was morning. I'm happy now!
Tate: Yam! (yeah!)
Whew.
Last night while tucking in:
Me: Remember Grace, if you scream at bed time you won't get a marshmallow tomorrow morning. It wakes up Benny and isn't nice.
Gracie: But YOU scream last night at bed time and wake ME up! It looks like YOU don't get a marshmallow, mama.
Me: Did you hear that daddy?
Sean: Yep, no marshmallows for mama! (ha.)
Me: (after rolling my eyes) You're right. I won't do that anymore, sorry I woke you up.
Gracie: Ok mama, you don't scream at bedtime and I don't scream, ok? Then we get marshmallows.
Me: Good idea. Deal.
Wow. I guess we need to be more...um...discrete... from now on. Just when you think you've got this parenting thing down, an exciting new development every day!














haha! i love it! makes me glad my twins room is upstairs :)
ReplyDeletefound you from the link up
ha ha, lucky you!
ReplyDeleteOh, how I needed that laugh. Hopped over from M&M, but we also used the same blog design genius. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for coming by! Your twins are adorable!
ReplyDeleteOh how funny! You handled it so well! Makes me think that we really DO need to move before the kids get much bigger. That split floor plan will come in very handy for times like that!
ReplyDelete~Cathy