A: When he tells you NOT to follow him.
The other night at dinner, Tate announced he had to go potty. I stood up to go with him and he held his hand out "Now DON'T Follow me, mama!"
Because I
5 minutes later (which is like 3 hours in toddler time), Tate screamed from the bathroom.
There I find him sitting on the counter with one eye and half of his face completely covered in my black, liquid eyeliner. I laughed. hard. Yelled for Sean to come see, and almost ran to grab my camera when I remembered how much that stuff stings in my eyes at hot yoga. Even though I really wanted that picture, I went with my better mom instincts and washed him off.
I told him that makeup was made for just mommy's eyes and that is would always hurt his eyes so he should leave it alone (least he think better application was the problem). Gracie proceeded to pat him on the hand and say, "Yeah buddy, that make up is just for mommies and Gracie, ok?" Very condescending and funny, but don't think she got it by me that she believes the make up is for HER as well. We'll save that battle for another day.
For now, we have an open door bathroom and parents right to follow policy in place.
Here is an after picture, at least I can see the faintest leftover eyeliner on his cheek to save for














Love it. My boys thing is picking things off the floor, ground, wherever and saying "I can eat this. It's not gross". TRANSLATION: Wherever they got it from....It's IS gross. :)
ReplyDeleteha ha ha, that's hilarious. So gross!
ReplyDeleteEeek! Independence comes at a price... I'm not looking forward to the day when mine start doing this type of stuff. I love how you ran for your camera ;D
ReplyDelete~Cathy