Thursday, July 24, 2008

2 days and counting...

Until we leave them overnight for the first time!  We are going to a wedding in Oregon and it would just be too hard to bring the babies on that long of a drive, and sit through a wedding. They are staying with my mom and my aunt is going to stay with her overnight to help.  I am so nervous, every time I think about leaving them I tear up!  Sean went camping for a night when they were a few weeks old so he is fine with it and wants us to just enjoy the break, but I can't stand the thought of missing the cuddles and not putting them to bed myself.  This will be good, I know, it will refresh me and all that, but SO hard! I am also nervous about what this will do to their schedule.  We have it down pretty well now and with 4 nights in a row of 8 hours of sleep, I am hesitant to mess with anything!  Who knows if they will nap well at my mom's or sleep though the night. Will they even miss us or notice we are gone?  How will my mom know how to cuddle Tater just right when he has reflux and is fussy or how to get Gracie to fall back asleep mid-nap? OK, stop, I am going to make myself cry. It's one night! I am going to type up a list of things to do and schedule for my mom, she probably won't follow it, but it will give me some peace of mind.  That and I will just call her every 2 hours. 

4 comments:

  1. I know how hard it is. I went to Vegas when she was 4 months old and I cried and cried the first night. But trust me, you will be SO refreshed when you get back, you'll feel like a new momma. It'll be soo good for all of you! By the way, Brynlee had horrid reflux, so if you need any tips, I got em all

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went away overnight in June when the boys were 3 months old and it was so hard to leave them! But the full uninterruped night's rest was amazing and to be able to get up when YOU wanted to was fabulous! Plus it's nice to have time with your DH when you're not mommy and daddy. GL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. its so hard that first time, not gonna lie..but I think its good for the parents and the kiddos to spend some time apart. and just think you get to have some adult time...its much needed around my house. have a great time :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was the same way the first tim ewe left our girls! I left my parents with a detailed schedule of their days, a list of emergency phone numbers, suggestions on how to handle anything that might come up, their insurance cards, a medical release form from our pediatrician, and the What to Expect the First Year book - with a bookmark in the first aid section! I was a tiny bit paranoid. Things went great, of course. Can't wait to hear how your trip went.

    ReplyDelete