Thursday, July 17, 2008

schedules

The twins had a tough day yesterday-okay, I had a tough day.  They just don't seem to want to wait until the 3 hour mark for their feeds.  They have been wanting to eat every 2.5 hrs or so and my pediatrician was just telling me to start stretching them to 3.5 hours.  So  I was pretty frustrated.  They eat, stay awake for an hour or a little more and then get fussy/tired so I put them to bed for a nap and they only sleep about 30-40 minutes!  Seems like my friends' newborns are all taking longer naps!  Then they wake up and want to eat immediately, but it isn't time yet.  So They cry and I either try to block it out and make them wait or give in and feed them early.  I am afraid I will teach them they can eat every 2.5 hours, but my nerves can't handle the screaming for very long. The good news is today has been happier for everyone.  They slept an extra hour this morning (a wonderful gift to mommy) and though they still woke early from their last nap they waited to eat!! Amazing!  They sat in their boppys with pacifiers and just hung out for 15 minutes with me. That really did wonders for my mood.  I have even been able to do some laundry and write some emails this morning!  I have some visitors later today and I was able to clean a little too.  I am hoping that this last week of fussiness has been a growth spurt and we can get back to our "schedule".  

3 comments:

  1. Stick to the 3 hours for sure. As miserable as it may be sometimes. I screwed up for a week and did 2.5 hours and she did not nap, and was having a hard time going through the night. Maybe increase their feeding amount? Sorry your day was lame :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have gotten back to 3 hours now! Thank God, I was losing my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I know what you are going through! I did have to feed my girls every 2.5 hours! NOT FUN! They had reflux, so they had to eat small amounts frequently. It was really, really, really, horrible! No rest, no down time, nothing. It was feed, diaper, wash bottles, start over. Once they started eating baby food, though, things gradually got better.

    ReplyDelete