I am a little worried about Tater because he keeps crying during his feedings. It's not every one, but he will just cry through the whole thing-take the bottle for a few drinks and cry, let daddy burp him for a few minutes and then cry-back and forth. We get frustrated not knowing what he wants us to do. It seems just holding him and soothing for like 5-10 minutes helps, but it makes for a longer feeding for sure. They already eat so slowly some days! They were consistently taking an hour to eat until our Dr. said we could get them fast flow nipples, so we started and then they were eating in like 20 minutes flat! I loved it, it felt like we gained all this free time! Then they jut started slowing down again, now we are back to 30-40 minutes. I even had a few hour longs last week. It seems like all of my friends' newborn suck down bottles in like 15 minutes, I don't know why mine can't/don't. Maybe it's because they were preemie? Or maybe they just like to dine slowly and take their sweet time. :) I won't complain too much because they really are speedy during the middle of the night and I appreciate that the most!
It's amazing how quickly the weekend went by. Friday night we had our moms over and they babysat so we could go see batman (a real date night!) It was great having a break, but I was aching to see them on the ride home. Saturday we hung out at home and went to the mall twice- the first time all of the power was out. That was so annoying to pack the babies/stroller back in the car and sit through traffic to get home for nothing. So we went to a different mall a few hours later and they did pretty well. I swear they can tell when Sean leaves though. They will be sleeping so soundly and he will walk away to a different aisle and they both wake up and start crying, then I am left trying to soothe them both with strangers looking at me with pity. Then as soon as gets back they conk back out. Go figure. Sunday was church and just hanging out at home again. It sounds boring, but it goes by so quickly when we feed ever 3 hours. The day just gets divided into chunks and before you know it, it's over. I am so glad to have Sean home on weekends though, it feels so much easier than weekdays when it's just me. Today should be a good day, they both were smiley and happy during the last feeding and I swear they are so close to laughing! I can't wait! That is my favorite art of the day, waking them up when they smile and coo at me :) It makes all this mom stuff worth while!













No comments:
Post a Comment